Partnership is key to Boeing’s success around the world. Boeing is accelerating its manufacturing, skill development and engineering involvement in India, forging the way toward building a strong and indigenous ecosystem in support of the Make in India initiative.
Boeing’s India partner-network across manufacturing, IT and engineering services provide advanced, complex components and sub-assemblies as part of an integrated global supply chain. Over 200 Indian suppliers are manufacturing critical systems and components, such as aerostructures, wire harness, composites, forgings, avionics mission systems and ground support equipment, for some of Boeing’s most advanced commercial and defense aircraft.
As part of its drive to bring the best of Boeing to India, Boeing collaborates with industrial suppliers on lean manufacturing techniques, program management, supplier management best practices and specialized training.
Boeing’s existing industrial partners are raising the bar to deliver world-class quality and productivity as they become an important part of the company’s worldwide supply chain.
Key partnerships include:
- Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL) manufactures the CH-47 Chinook Crown & Tailcone Assembly, AH-64 Apache Secondary Structures, AH-64 Vertical Stabilizer and 777 Uplock Box.
- Tata Boeing Aerospace Limited (TBAL) facility in Hyderabad has been delivering AH-64 Apache fuselages since May 2018 for customers across the world.
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd.’s state-of-the-art facility manufactures the Advanced Composite Floor Beams (ACFB) for all Dreamliner variants. In August 2019, TAL delivered the 25,000th ACFB to Boeing for the 787 Dreamliner.
TAL also makes ground support equipment for the C-17.
- Rossell Techsys has been a long-standing Boeing supplier in India. In January 2019, Rossell delivered the 15,000th wire harness to Boeing for the AH-64 Apache. It recently completed delivery of 2000th harness for V-22 Osprey, and 1500th wire harness and 1000th electrical panel for the AH-64 Apache.
- Bharat Forge manufactures a range of titanium-forged parts such as flap-track forgings for the Next-Generation 737 and forgings for the 777X.
- SASMOS HET Technologies manufactures electrical panel assemblies for the F/A-18 Super Hornet and F-15 Strike Eagle. In 2019, it delivered the 1000th F/A-18 Super Hornet electrical panel assembly and 25,000th wire harness.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) manufactures 777 uplock boxes, F/A-18 gun bay doors and wire harnesses, and P-8I weapons bay doors and identification friend-or-foe transponders.
- Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL) supplied equipment for the P-8I Data Link II communications system. The Data Link II is a communications system that enables an exchange of tactical data and messages among Indian Navy aircraft, ships and shore establishments. BEL has also delivered the Identification Friend-or-Foe Interrogator, a battle management system that enables the aircraft to distinguish friendly aircraft and forces. BEL is now on contract to provide F/A-18 flight deck cockpit panels.
- Electronic Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) provided speech secrecy systems for the P-8I.
- Dynamatic Technologies manufactures the ramp and aft pylon for the Chinook heavy-lift helicopters.
- Dynamatic Technologies and Tata Advanced Materials Ltd. (TAML) have delivered P-8I power and mission equipment cabinets, and TAML is on contract to provide P-8I auxiliary power unit door fairings, composite tailcones for the P-8I and composite interior closeout panels for the P-8 aircraft.
- Avantel has delivered the mobile satellite systems for the P-8I.
- Hyderabad-based Cyient (formerly Infotech) has supported a number of critical design-engineering projects for Boeing airplanes and currently provides design and stress support on the 747-8 Freighter and the 787-8 and 787-9.